Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Zombie Flight

Somebody tell Michaelina that Im actually a zombie. It's 452 in Kodiak and 752 in Chicago. I'm in Chicago. Woah. I'm in O'hare and I've never been here. I love wandering around new places. There's so much to absorb!

So the plane flight was obnoxiously long and my phone died so I couldn't even listen to Brooke Fraser. But here's what I did! I learned some espanol : )

Abroche Su cinturon mientras este sentado

Chateco salvavidas debajo de Su asiento

Prohibido fumar en el bano
Jale la puerta para abrir

Como cortesia para el proximo parajero le sugerimos secar el lavabo com su toalla usada! Gracias!

It took me awhile to write all this down in the bathroom, and I think the flight attendant was slightly concerned...

My goal is to be able to read a Marquez novel in Spanish 

I also thought about T SWIFT
ok so Speak Now, the scenario is so not classy. If someone stole my man on my wedding day I'd claw her eyes out. I don't care if I float like a pageant queen. Let me float if I wanna. 

I just think Miss T wants to get married
Her 22 song says we're lonely. Hey I'm 22, single, and I'm pretty much the happiest I've ever been. You're only lonely if you don't try to get to know people. 

Her best songs are not boy related. Safe & sound, Innocent, Best Day-stellar!
I think I'd be her friend if I could. She seems fun. And is honest.

I also came up with this: treasure a lady like a Venetian glass elephant. Fragile and if you drop it the tail will crack. At least that's what happened when my grandfather dropped the one I gave him...

I also concluded, I don't care if I scare you

And this:be the ugly truth you

And the man beside me was listening to a Tim Keller sermon! Baller. So we had a cool convo : ) woah God is everywhere

And at one point when it got bumpy, I thought, if I died in the moment, would I have done everything I want to do for the world? Every moment in life is gift. 

Hey Stevie!!


1 comment:

  1. Did you know there's a reference to Milton's "Paradise Lost" in Marquez's book: Cien Anos de Soledad????? When you mentioned it I remembered I talked about it in a paper I wrote in Peru. You should hurry up that learning Spanish process....

    ReplyDelete