Monday, November 11, 2013

Conversation with High Schooler

Me: I think you would really like Northwestern! Are you thinking about applying?
Girl: No, I just don't want to go there. This kid in my high school got in pre-med to go straight into medschool.
Me: What's wrong with that?
Girl: He's just really into himself.
Me: Well the admissions people can't tell that. They probably think it's confidence. If he acted like a jerk to them, they wouldn't take him unless he's brilliant I guess. But not everyone is like that! I made so many awesome friends.
Girl: Yeah he's confident. He wants to be a gynocologist. And he delivered babies in India before his junior year.
Me: Yeah not everyone is like that...I never delivered babies...Gosh delivered babies in India? Don't ya hate kids like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment