Friday, November 1, 2013

Failure

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: but it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Overcoming discouragement in the face of failure can be difficult.  There are many routes we can choose if we fail: 1) laugh it off and think it's not a big deal 2) recognize the gravity of letting others down & apologize 3) repent and reflect on how to change

I like the third option. Forgetting what lies behind and seeing what lies ahead.  

I've spent a great deal of energy trying to prevent failures. It never works.  Somehow I always find myself doing something not quite right, or ruffling feathers, or receiving frustrated complaints (for example while compiling a script from journals at 5am before class the next day).

But I've gotta ask myself, what's the point? What's the point of worrying so much about failure?

There is only one person who never failed.  What is amazing about Christ is that he followed through with the most difficult promise-sacrificing his life!  And because he never failed, his life makes us trustworthy. We are trustworthy to God! He can include us in his plan for redemption even though we will fail, oh we certainly will.

I struggle with failure because it's important to me not to disappoint others, and especially not to make others feel uncared for.  But I fail at this all the time!!!  Knowing grace is such a good thing, he sets me free to look ahead to Him. He sets me free to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment