Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Southern Adventures

Hung out with my brother and his Ole Miss friends today. So goood to just get to know my brother. We had this running count of the number of times the boys dropped the f bomb. 16. And we kept secretly laughing. Was nice to hear their southern cadences, phrases, even jokes. Reminds me of who I was and where I grew up.

I watched as my bro & the boys jumped off these rocks into freezing water. Were I not vehemently opposed to being cold upon leaving Chicago, I would have jumped too. But it looked sweet.


Then we went in search of ice caves, and found an iceless cave. The best part was maneuvering into a nook and climbing the side of the wall. Williams buddy Jake kept trying to climb it but there really were no cracks to hang on to, but being small I managed to sort of get myself stuck in the nook and crawl up. And it was awesome, I have always loved rock climbing walls and zip lines, and the best part was my mom would have been terrified had she known I was climbing! And my brother kept telling me not to, aw protecting me, but what they don't realize is I am fearless. to a fault. If I set out to do something, I do it. I probably fail, but I go for what I want. and I wanted to climb that cave wall. and I did it. To jakes amazement I will add! He managed to crawl into the nook backwards...how I don't know? But at the top my brother reached out his hand and pulled me up. His grip was so strong and although I think I could have made it, I felt very cared for in that moment. We even made a pact not to tell my mom, but Jake told my mom while we were away from the dinner table...whoops. my mom said she is going to teach me the difference between independence & recklessness. But I was fine! Wasn't being stupid. Maybe a little. But it was fun! Now I want to climb a real mountain.

Anyway Im so proud of the man my brother has become. All into RUF, setting an example in his friend group, level headed, good listener! I am thankful for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment